Masimo Announces Root CE Marking With Blood Pressure and Temperature
Root with noninvasive blood pressure from SunTech Medical enables clinicians to measure arterial blood pressure for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients, with three distinct measurement modes: spot-check, automatic interval, and stat interval.
The temperature module from
"Root and Patient SafetyNet powered with Masimo SET has changed for the better our patient care and patient safety," said
Root offers a high visibility display with intuitive, touchscreen navigation for easy and adaptable use in any hospital environment:
- Integrates measurements from Masimo Radical-7® handheld for SET® Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion™ pulse oximetry, continuous haemoglobin (SpHb®), PVI®, ORI™, and other noninvasive rainbow® parameters, or the Radius-7™ patient-worn monitor for continuous monitoring of mobile patients
- Flexible measurement expansion through Masimo Open Connect™ (MOC-9™), including
- ISA™ CO2 capnography for sidestream monitoring featuring Nomoline™ technology for extended monitoring and cost-effective consumables
- O3™ regional oximetry for the simultaneous measurement of regional oxygen saturation (rSO2) and arterial oxygen saturation (SpO2) to help clinicians detect regional hypoxemia that pulse oximetry alone can miss, and
- SedLine® brain function monitoring, which provides four channels of EEG to help clinicians better understand the effects of anaesthesia on the brain. SedLine measures the effects of anaesthesia and sedation by monitoring both sides of the brain's electrical activity.
- Automatic display of parameters, waveforms, and viewing configuration based on the clinician's presence through MyView™ technology enabled with Patient SafetyNet™ version 5000 or higher
- Enables clinicians to easily and automatically document vital signs data, measured from any connected device or manually entered, directly from Root to the patient's Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Alarms and alerts for all devices are seamlessly forwarded to the patient's clinician and all device data are effortlessly documented in the patient's EMR.
Root with noninvasive blood pressure and temperature is currently not available in the U.S.
This press release includes forward-looking statements as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, in connection with the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations about future events affecting us and are subject to risks and uncertainties, all of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond our control and could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in our forward-looking statements as a result of various risk factors, including, but not limited to: risks related to our assumptions that